星期三, 3月 03, 2004

Job-hunting [Moved from RaymondChung.easyjournal.com]

Job-hunting is a boring job itself. Looking over the Classified Post again and again; checking for new job ads in JobsDB again and again; sending out emails for job applications again and again. The process just repeats, making people frustrated towards this apparently simple yet important task.

There's fierce rivalry for the job in different areas. Examining the jobs requirements, I found that I just can't fulfilled them most. There are always contradictions. How can a 'fresh' graduate get involved to the area he/she is interested in, if he/she is required to have RELATED working experience, mostly over 3 years or more. @#?$%

Now, I've worked as a programmer for 2 years in the so-called telecommunication industry. But what have I gained for the past 2 years working in my current company. Thinking seriously, in the technical aspect, I gained very little; even there's some, it's mostly by self-study... -_-''(quite a messy here since the IT department is just supporting in house needs); in other aspects, such as social relationship (not a suitable word?), I did learn something to deal with people (people in my team are quite good in general).

I found no problem with this at first. But as time passed by, I became worried about my future. I can't see much prospects if I got no/little improvement in the technical area (and I do doubt is it good for those w/o acceptable technical knowledge to be in charge of important IT posts -_-)

To be continue…(and no more update)

沒有留言: